By Hussein Nasser
Installing and configuring ArcGIS for Server to submit, optimize, and safe GIS services
About This Book
- Configure ArcGIS for Server to accomplish greatest functionality and reaction time
- Understand the product mechanics to accumulate strong troubleshooting skills
- Filled with sensible workouts, examples, and code snippets to assist help you learning
Who This ebook Is For
If you're a GIS person, analyst, DBA, or programmer with a easy wisdom of ESRI GIS, then this booklet is for you.
What you are going to Learn
- Design the structure of ArcGIS for Server to fulfill your organization's requirements
- Consume GIS providers from a number of cross-platform endpoints together with cellular and capsule for box users
- Optimize ArcGIS for Server to make it run successfully and effectively
- Acquire troubleshooting talents by means of knowing how the expertise mechanics work
- Learn the idea that of internet prone and a number of the varieties of GIS providers on hand in ArcGIS for Server
ArcGIS for Server is a brand new know-how that has been constructed to convey geographically-enabled info from a number of assets into one unmarried platform and make it on hand for sharing prone. Server helps many sorts of prone, and the wonderful thing about this expertise is that it has an aspect over different items, because the resource of knowledge may be without delay plugged into Server with no the necessity to switch or migrate the present infrastructure.
Administering ArcGIS for Server teaches you the mechanics of ArcGIS for Server, equipping you with the abilities not to in simple terms set up and configure Server, yet to do it successfully to accomplish potent effects. additionally, you will how you can plan, examine, layout, and eventually submit and devour GIS prone from a number of systems together with cellular and tablets.
We commence via fitting Server and authoring and eating GIS companies. We then circulation directly to making plans prone sooner than exhibiting you the way to optimize, safe, and debug them.
one of many scorching issues during this ebook is the optimizing of GIS prone, as a way to assist you deal with assets successfully. additionally, you will find out how to observe a number of defense mechanisms on ArcGIS for Server and accurately disclose the prone to the general public in a safe manner.
Administering ArcGIS for Server may help you organize a powerful Server infrastructure on your organization.
Read Online or Download Administering ArcGIS for Server PDF
Similar client-server systems books
This entire, technical reference consultant offers in-depth details on Apple technical structure. it's going to train the reader how you can set up and configure machines; architect and continue networks; permit, customise, music and troubleshoot quite a lot of companies; and combine Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, and different Apple applied sciences inside of a networked setting.
Discusses SQL Server 2005 XML from the server and buyer aspects Examines utilizing XSLT to render the XML info that's retrieved from SQL Server, quite for ASP. web Addresses SQL Server courting with schemas, cleaning soap, XML safeguard, and . internet Makes vast use of examples to unravel difficulties that programmers face on a daily foundation and contours Server 2005 XML top practices
For IT pros learning for middle MCSE examination 70-210, this top rate version MCSE education package with four spouse CDs deals the last word, from-the-source coaching! This all-in-one package deal contains in-depth self-paced education in either booklet and digital codecs, besides a CD-based evaluate instrument and different worthy assets.
- Dr. Tom Shinder's Configuring ISA Server 2004
- Windows Server 2003 For Dummies
- Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 Administrator's Companion (IT-Administrator's Companion)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Internetworking Guide (IT Professional)
Extra info for Administering ArcGIS for Server
After you complete this successfully, you will have one site with two GIS servers ready to crunch services. You can manage this site by accessing any of the GIS server built-in web servers using any one of the following URLs: http://GIS-SERVER01:6080/arcgis/managerhttp://GIS-SERVER02:6080/arcgis/manager What if you want to join a third machine? Which URL should you use, GIS-SERVER01 or GIS-SERVER02? The answer is that any will work, because both are joined to the same site. Note Once a GIS server joins a Server site, it inherits all the configurations of that site.
6. Note HTTP The Hypertext Transfer Protocol is a web protocol that deals with standards for rendering web pages on a web browser. Port A port is a virtual access entrance on a networked host machine that has a unique number on which connections can be established in order to exchange information between the host and remote machine. 6 is accessible from a given network, you can access the website with any browser from any machine on that network. This is the main power of the Web server: install it in one place and access it from multiple locations using one address.
Packt Publishing has endeavored to provide trademark information about all of the companies and products mentioned in this book by the appropriate use of capitals. However, Packt Publishing cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information. First published: January 2014 Production Reference: 1170114 Published by Packt Publishing Ltd. Livery Place 35 Livery Street Birmingham B3 2PB, UK. com>) Credits Author Hussein Nasser Reviewers Paul Crickard Chandler Sterling Tram Vu Khanh Truong John (Yiguang) Zhang Acquisition Editors Rebecca Youe Edward Gordon Ashwin Nair Lead Technical Editor Anila Vincent Technical Editors Pratik More Mrunmayee Patil Rohit Kumar Singh Copy Editors Alisha Aranha Brandt D'Mello Gladson Monteiro Adithi Shetty Project Coordinator Joel Goveya Proofreaders Faye Coulman Lucy Rowland Indexer Tejal Soni Graphics Ronak Dhruv Production Coordinator Shantanu Zagade Cover Work Shantanu Zagade Foreword GIS is a mature industry, with its roots in the late 60s in forestry and county polygon maintenance through vector topology (others such as GRASS and IDRISI concentrated on the raster domain).